- One of the most peaceful countries in the world.
- It has Friendly and helpful people.
- Muscat, the capital, is a pleasant, clean and safe city.
- Majan was established in 1995 as the first private Higher Educational Institution in Oman, and has continued to be at the forefront of higher education in the Sultanate ever since.
- Majan University College became the first private higher education institution to achieve institutional accreditation from OAAAQA in 2017.
- Majan University College is licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research & Innovation.
- The University of Bedfordshire, UK , is the awarding body for undergraduate and masters programmes in the college.
Undergraduate Programmes (UG)
- DipHE/BA(Honours) in Business Administration:
- DipHE/BA (Hons) in Marketing
- DipHE/BSc (Hons) in E-Business
- DipHE/BA (Hons) in Accounting
- DipHE/BA (Hons) in Finance
- DipHE/A (Hons) in Islamic Banking and Finance
- DipHE/BSc(Honours) in Computer & Internet Applications
- DipHE/BSc(Honours) in Networking
- DipHE/BSc (Hons) Computing - Oil & Gas:
- DipHE/BSc (Hons) Computing – Banking Information Systems
- DipHE/BSc(Hons) Computing – Software Engineering
Secondary School Certificate attested by Oman Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in Oman) and the Omani Embassy at the applicant's country:
- The attested secondary certificate.
- Copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Transcript of class 10, 11.
- Attested secondary school certificate [This certificated must be attested by the Oman Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Oman Embassy in the applicant’s country]
- Transcript for Class 10 and 11
- Passport Copy
- MUC sends to the applicant confirmation of the equivalency of their secondary school certificate.
- Applicant uploads the required documents through this link to obtain equivalency of their Bachelor Degree or Higher Diploma Certificate from the Oman Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
The MUC International Student Office will provide international students all the support they require to complete this process.
Those who are accepted to study at Majan University College will be eligible for a student visa. After the registration, the student visa will be processed.
Arrival to Oman
The Student Services and Alumni Relations Department will meet and welcome international students at the airport if requested.
The registered students in a college hostel, which is under the college’s supervision, can take advantage of all services, including free transport (to and from college), free electricity and water, free cooking gas and of course free Wi-Fi high-speed internet access. Also students have the freedom to stay in their own accomodation, and the college can help them to find suitable apartment and transport.
Shopping & Leisure
Students residing in a college hostel can enjoy the daily shopping and leisure trips service, accompanied by wardens to guarantee their safety and comfort.
Student Clinic and Health Care
all International Students are required to have medical insurance. Students of Majan University College are entitled to receive free treatment for common ailments from the college clinic.
Advice to students. Solutions for student problems. Help with settling into the College environment.
Career and Industry Engagement Office
The office provides workshops throughout the year to help develop students’ skills and employability. Workshops include: Presentation Skills, Time Management, CV Writing, Having a Positive Social Media Presence, and Interview Skills. The office also helps students gain work placements as well as tracking alumni status.
I would like to extend a warm welcome to all international candidates who are considering enrolling at Majan University College. Choosing to study abroad can be a daunting experience, but I assure you that our College is committed to providing you with a supportive environment, where you can thrive academically and personally. Joining our College will provide you with an opportunity to learn from our multinational team of subject experts, and to acquire the knowledge and skills that will serve you well in your future career. I warmly invite you to take the next step and join our community. I am sure you will not regret it.
Dr. Maha Kobeil
Dean & CEO
Will I be able to work while studying?No, you will be on a study visa, which does not permit you to work. You will however have all the same opportunities as local students when it comes to internships available on your programme. Additionally, if you find a job opportunity at the end of your degree, you could leave the country and re-enter on an employment visa
Can I bring a family member with me?You can apply for visit visas for immediate family members. These are issued at the discretion of the Royal Oman Police and are normally for 3 months, with a possible 1 month extension. Please note it is not permissible to work on a visit visa.
Will my certificate be recognised in my home country?Your certificate is issued by the University of Bedfordshire, UK with the wording “studied at Majan University College, Muscat, Oman.” It is recognised wherever British university degrees are recognised. We have alumni studying all over the world, and we have never heard of anyone having a problem with their certificate being accepted. Specifically, the Higher Education Council in Pakistan have formally recognised our degrees and alumni in India, Iraq, UK and Canada have all been entirely unhindered by any certificate verification issues. Click here to see a sample of how the certificate will look
Will I study any modules in the UK?All your modules will be studied in Oman.
Can I study part-time?Yes, you can - but since you are not able to work on a student visa, it is recommended that you study full time.
- +968 24730441
- +968 92649590
- Mutrah, Way No. 2621, Building No. 1986, P.O Box: 710, P.C: 112, Sultanate of Oman