MA in Applied Linguistics
Awarded by University of Bedfordshire, UK
Approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Oman
Start of Application Process: April 01, 2022
End of Application Process: August 06, 2022
Start of Registration: August 15, 2022
End of Registration: September 05, 2022
Classes commence: September, 2022
Duration of the course:
2 years / 4 semesters
Mode of Study:
Part-time in a blended learning format (4 or 5 weekends in a semester)
Lead faculty from
- A good (i.e. 1st or 2nd class or 2.5+ / 4 GPA scale)
honoursdegree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recogniseduniversity or HE institution. We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience.
- Or a 2nd or 3rd class honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution and two years’ relevant teaching experience.
- IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in each component.
For the complete details of the fees, please refer to the Fees Structure
Twice a year (February & September)
|The Language System and Language Teaching (30 credits)|
|Materials Development for Language Teaching and Learning (15 credits), Assessment and Accreditation (15 credits), Issues in Second Language Acquisition (15 credits)|
|Exploring Research: Concepts and Methods (15 credits), The Methodology of Language Teaching (15 credits), Professional Practices (15 credits)|
|Dissertation in Applied Linguistics and ELT (60 credits)|
*Note that the order of modules in semesters 2 and 3 may vary from cohort to cohort.
- Contact the PG Office at Majan College and receive course information & an application form, by email
- Submit the application form along with supporting documents at Majan College.
- The University will process the application and notify the decision by email, within 10 working days
- For Omani
nationalsthe MoHE processes and approves the applications. This takes 2 to 4 weeks.
- The PG office at Majan College will notify the decision via email to the candidate
For further information, contact the Postgraduate Center:
Toll Free: 80071000 | Phone: 24730409