The 1st Student Symposium on Research and Innovation in Computing & Information Technology.
The Faculty of Information Technology at Majan University College is delighted to announce the call for submissions for the first Student Symposium on Research and Innovation in Computing & Information Technology (SSRICIT 23). This Symposium is a premier opportunity for all students to present their research, engage in discussions, and form cross-disciplinary partnerships. Participants from a wide variety of disciplines can explore future challenges and become acquainted with the most recent developments in interdisciplinary research. The symposium will be held virtually. Students at the undergraduate level can submit proposals for virtual presentations.
🌎 Venue: Virtual via Microsoft Teams (Symposium Registration is Free)
📜 Submission Due Date: 29th of April 2023
🔔 Notification of Acceptance: 2nd of May 2023
📰 Paper Presentations Slides: 5th of May 2023
🧾 Final Programme Agenda: 7th of May 2023
📅 Symposium Date: Thursday, the 9th of May 2023 (One Day) - at 9:00 AM.
SSRICIT 2023 calls for a dynamic transformation of how emerging technology will change students' capabilities to conduct IT research and innovation. It possesses the ability to develop their critical thinking skills that address how, when, and where to use the technology, which will adequately prepare the student for their future jobs.
- Enhancement of students' abilities to become critical thinkers, innovators, and problem solvers.
- Correlate in the use of their skills in diversified contexts to work with their classmates, teachers and the outside world.
- Create synergies among multi-disciplinary perspectives that connect to the real world.
- Free Registration and Participation in all sessions
- Certificate of Appreciation/ Participation (e-Certificates)
Interested students can submit a research paper or a poster in a technical area related to the symposium topics or based on their research. It could be part of previous academic projects as well.
- Student’s Research Paper
- Student’s Poster Presentation
The main themes of the symposium include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Data Analysis, Visualization and Applications
- Computer Communication and Networks
- Cybersecurity and Applications
- Mobile/Web Application development
- Internet of Things (IoT) Applications & Smart Technology
- Oil and Gas Systems and its Applications
Research papers/posters are welcome from students of any level as well as from recent graduates.
Awards & Participation
- All participants will be provided with Participation Certificate
- A best Paper and Poster certificate will be awarded to the top three papers and posters recommended by reviewers and session chairs.
- Session Chairs and Reviewers will be given their respective certificates.
- Best Student’s Paper Award (1st Winner, 2nd Winner and 3rd Winner)
- Best Student’s Poster Award (1st Winner, 2nd Winner and 3rd Winner)
Requirements for Research Papers
- Professional information and contact information.
- Research title (20 words max).
- Author Bio (120 words max).
- The research paper (2 to 4 pages) formatted as per the Paper Template.
- Research Submissions are accepted only in English.
- Please apply through the e-form: Research Paper Registration e-Form.
- Upon acceptance, submit the paper presentation slides before 5th May 2023.
- Presentation should not exceed 10 slides (maximum).
- Download the presentation template from the website and follow the format carefully.
- Authors should submit a paper presentation in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling, addressing the submitted abstract title and contents.
- Your paper presentation must include the following:
- Present your topic and abstract title only with relevant data.
- Use only meaningful points.
- Use a picture or diagram if required.
- Explain every point clearly and briefly.
- Explain the methods/plans you are going to adopt to complete your research.
- Explain the expected results.
- After preparing the presentation according to the above guidelines, submit the presentation through the link provided in the website.
- Note: you must follow the Presentation Template.
Requirements for Research Posters
- Professional information and contact information
- Selection of research presentation track (Paper or Poster)
- Research title (20 words max)
- Author Bio (120 words max)
- The poster as per the Poster Template
- Submissions are accepted only in English.
- Dr. Syed Ziaur Rahman (General Chair)
- Dr. Mohammed Waleed Ashour (Organizing Chair)
- Mr. Mohammed Yassen (Web and Digital Media Chair)
- Dr. Manju Jose (Session Chair for research Poster)
- Dr. Jacintha Menezes (Session Manager for research poster)
- Dr. Senthil Ramados (Session Chair for research Paper)
- Dr. Sohail Razaq (Session Manager for research Paper)
- Aziz Hamood Ahmed Al Shabibi
- Hajer Suliman Al Wahibi
- Khalid Al Muaini
- Saleh Nasser Saud Al Maashari
- Samra Halkovic
- Shahbaz Ali Mughal
- Sidra Fayyaz
- Wael Khatim Othman Al Thohli
For any inquiries and further information, please contact: